I love cabbage and I love a good hot soup when it’s cold outside! I also love cabbage rolls, but usually, they are loaded with rice and have artificial ingredients like ketchup and sugary sauce. This recipe is easy and loaded with delicious, healthy ingredients! Plus it is totally guilt free and free of carbs if you are watching your carb intake!
- 2 lbs. extra Lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 or 3 peppers, chopped
- 2 or 3 stalks of Celery, Chopped
- 2 heads of cabbage
- 2 (14 ounce) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook until browned and crumbly, approx. 5 to 7 minutes. Add onion, peppers and celery until cooked.
- Add cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, garlic, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover Dutch oven, reduce heat, and simmer until cabbage is tender, about 30 minutes.
21 Day Fix Equivalents
1 red 1 green for 2 cups