I love the fall. One of my absolute favorite times of the year. Yes, I am the stereotypical lover of pumpkin everything. Candles, coffee and especially food! This recipe happens to be one of my faves because it is so easy and you can prep it ahead of time and reheat all week. It screams fall, comfort food and best of all it is clean and healthy and loaded with Vitamin C!
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup 25 calorie vanilla cashew milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp.vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- Stevia or pure maple syrup to sweeten
- Almonds and coconut for garnish
- Cook oats according to directions with water and cashew milk.
- Stir in all other ingredients except nuts and sweetener.
Serve with almonds and coconut and sweetener of choice. You can also serve with Geek yogurt stirred in cold and it is yummy too! Enjoy!
21 Day Fixers prep ahead and measure out a yellow for each cooked serving.
*If using Greek yogurt measure out a red container to add to the oatmeal.