Sweet Potato bowl…. What?!
Let me tell you – I thought this was the weirdest thing ever. 😂 I am not a huge fan of sweet potato casserole at all so I was a bit wary to try this.
Oh. My. Yum!😍
I love my oats especially steel cut and I have been really enjoying Quinoa for breakfast recently. I have to say, though, with adding in all of the carbs that I have been adding to my meal plan lately because of the new muscle building program, I get a little bloated if I eat too many grains. I find the sweet potato does not bloat me, keeps me full much longer and it is so delicious.
You can top it with so many different things – the possibilities are endless! Plus they are so easy to meal prep. You can throw the potatoes in the oven and mash them during meal prep then portion out each serving with the almond butter and a splash of almond milk. When you are ready to eat them – heat them up and add in the mashed banana and other toppings.
This particular recipe is my favorite right now. I think a pumpkin pie bowl would be amazing too!
Don’t forget to like and share and please share what you think of these and any mix ins that you have tried!!
21 Day Fix Approved Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tsp. Maple syrup, agave or honey
- 25 whole almonds or a 1/8 cup slivered almonds
- Cinnamon to taste
- 4 tsp. Almond butter
- 4 tbsp. Dried unsweetened coconut
- 1 apple chopped
- Unsweetened almond milk to taste approximately 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash sweet potatoes, dry, pierce and wrap them in foil. Bake for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. You can also do them in the microwave, but they are so much better in the oven.
- Let sweet potatoes cool until you can mash them- if on the Portion Control program measure out 1 cup mashed potato each. Add almond milk in batches and mix in… You may want less moisture in your bowl.
- Slice banana in half and mash each half to top each potato separately.
- Mix each half mashed bananas thoroughly into each portion of mashed sweet potato.
- Top each serving with 1 tsp. Maple syrup our honey, half of nuts, 1 Tbsp. Almond butter, 2 Tbsp. Dried fruit, 2 Tbsp. Coconut, half of chopped apple and cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together and enjoy.
- Serve warm
21 Day Fix/Portion Control counts
2 yellow, 1.5 Purple, 2 tsp., 1 orange