Okay, guys! Chocolate is my absolute weakness. What am I saying desserts are my weakness, but chocolate is at the top of my list for sure! How many times have you tried a healthier version of a recipe for your family and it tastes like…. well a healthier version of that recipe!😂😝
These recipes are decadent, chocolatey and definitely cure that sweet tooth. They will not disappoint!😁
Healthy Zucchini Brownies
- 6oz. 72% Dark chocolate chopped or organic semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut oil ( I used the unrefined coconut oil that has a coconut flavor which added a yummy twist)
- 2 range free eggs
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 1/2 tsp. Organic vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini strained and most of the water out
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place rough chopped zucchini in food processor and grate in batches until all complete or grate on your cheese grater eitherone works fine.
- Place into a fine mesh strainer and lightly push to get out the majority of the liquid and let it sit in strainer until yippy are ready to use. To take it up a notch if you have a thin dish towel or cheese cloth you can place the zucchini in there and squeeze to get most of the water out, but don’t make it absolutely dry. This will help your brownies be a bit more like a regular thick and chewy brownie. 😁
- Grease an 8×8 pan with organic coconut oil spray or organic cooking spray and line pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler if you don’t have one, just place a small pot with the chocolate inside a larger pot that has about 2 inches of boiling water. Place over low heat until chocolate is mostly melted. Add the coconut oil and honey and mix thoroughly. Take off of heat and let cool a bit.
- In a small bowl beat eggs and add vanilla and cooled chocolate mixture.
- In a larger bowl whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine. Fold in zucchini.
- Spread in greased pan. Cook for 30 minutes or until fully set depending on your oven. When they spring back when you push on them they should be done. You can also use a toothpick but it will be a little wet when removed even when done. Cut into 16 squares.
Each delicious brownie is only 116 calories!
21 day fix equivalents
1 yellow treat swap
*Recipe adapted from Real Healthy recipes