Who doesn’t love carrot cake? Ummm and cake for breakfast? Count me in! One of the coaches in my group came up with this fantastic recipe and I am all about it!😍
I know I have struggled with breakfast that I can make ahead of time, fills me up and that my family will love. Plus, with my new program 80 Day Obsession, we use timed nutrition so I have to be specific about having certain food groups for my post workout meal. I love my eggs and my waffles, but this one was great because it has the added veggies and you can change it up so many ways.
What You Will Need
- 1 cup of cut carrots or 12 baby carrots
- 1/4 cup of oats (I use gluten free)
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 slightly heaping tsp. of apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. of unsweetened coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1 packet of Stevia, 1 tsp. Agave or raw honey
- Muffin tin, small oven safe bowl or disposable mini loaf pan
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend well.
- You can also boil the carrots until they are fork tender which makes a slightly richer flavor.
- Spray the pan, tin or bowl with non stick spray. I use an oven safe bowl or disposable mini loaf pan. Some of the coaches use muffin tins too which work great.
- Pour all ingredients into the baking pan of choice.
- Cook approximately 30-35 minutes, but make sure you test with a toothpick until it comes out clean.
You can also use shredded zucchini which is delicious just make sure that you add the zucchini after you strain it through a cloth until it is dry or your cake will be too moist.
*Top with melted nut butter and cinnamon or a light drizzle of honey. They are great cold or warm and not overly sweet so if you would like them sweeter feel free to add more sweetener. 😊